Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Joy of Giving















The Christmas Season is one of my favorite times of the year---the spiritual aspect of the season the crisp air, Christmas decorations, hot coco, and time with family. One of my chief pleasures though is gift giving. However, I agree with Rev Billy on this one who says, "You don't have to buy a gift to give a gift" which is so true!

However, I do enjoy giving to people in this world who don't have much to begin with and who struggle to meet their daily needs. Through World Vision I give a bicycle for a girl each year so that she can get to school safely as well as do things for her family. Given how much most of us in North America spend on bike gear each year, this is a small expense that makes a HUGE difference in someone's life. 

Ride on people!

No comments:

Post a Comment