Monday, August 23, 2010

Gonna Ride My Bike Until I Get Home....



I saw this video over at ibikelondon and really loved it, as much for the vision of normal people going about everyday things on a bicycle as for the song. I think that many people are put off by bike commuting because they view biking as recreational but might not have a framework for viewing cycling as transportation that does not require tons of equipment, flashy clothing, etc. I love how much more flexible and convenient cycling is when I want to get around town. The other day I wanted to run to the movies at Forum--I just jumped on my bike and in 4-5 minutes had the best parking in the place---right in front of the theater. I did not use any gas to get there and burned off the calories from a few peanut M&Ms :-D

Today I am headed to the District for dinner and a movie. I did not go to the gym today because I will bike a fair bit so don't need the redundancy of a "workout" at the gym. This has saved me an hour at the gym and gas money, parking hassles, and being inside all darn day long. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment